Kiwi Pollen have devised a range of products, using blower technology, to increase pollen efficiency.
Whether you need a small hand-held Mini Duster, all the way through to a Quad Mounted Duster; Kiwi Pollen have all the solutions for your pollination problems.
Kiwi Pollen Mini Duster – Targeted Dry Application
The Kiwi Pollen Mini Dust is perfect for the targeted pollination of Hayward, and for cost effective pollination where flowering is uneven throughout the orchard.
The Kiwi Pollen Mini Duster is ideal for:
- Targeted application to open flowers
- For applying pollen to both Gold and Chinensis types every second day, and for target application to Hayward flowers
- Targeting the “ribbon flowering Zespri Gold along their canes
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Utilises five man hours per pass. Use 150 - 250 grams of pollen per pass (for one hectare).
Note: A Kiwi Pollen jar (either 250 or 100 gram) fits directly on to the top of the mini duster.
Kiwi Pollen Duster – Broadcast Dry
Kiwi Pollen has developed a dry pollen applicator consisting of a motorised
air blower, a pollen dispenser and a battery pack.
How does it work?
The blower is driven by a 2-stroke petrol engine and delivers a constant stream of air from the delivery
tube. Pollen is introduced into the air stream from a small, battery-driven,
pollen dispenser. During flowering, the operator walks or drives through
the orchard with the delivery tube pointed into the canopy.
Trial work shows that bees in the orchard at flowering time move dry pollen
around, increasing the pollination efficacy by up to 100%.
- You can adjust the system to deliver different rates of pollen; from anywhere between 250g to 750g per hectare
- Trials in New Zealand show a 30% increase in fruit weight.
When applied at 500 grams pure pollen per hectare for 90-100% of flower open, each application will require 1-2 man hours per hectare.
Kiwi Pollen Quad Duster
Kiwi Pollen has developed the Quad Bike Broadcast Dry Application method.
How does it work?
A Kiwi Pollen duster motor is attached to a Quad Bike, with the pollen blowing through up to six adjustable nozzles. Each nozzle can be adjusted by height and width to best suit the rows on each specific orchard, ensuring every flower gets dusted by pollen.
- Adjust the system to deliver different rates of pollen - Anywhere between 250g to 750g per hectare
- One hectare is easily achievable in one hour
- Best results are achieved when used with bees
- The bees redistribute the pollen throughout the orchard, giving the orchardist the best pollination results possible
Please contact Kiwi Pollen for more information regarding using this method of pollen application.